Empathy in Action: Managing DEI Conversations in the Workplace
How do you deal with pushback? People who don't get it, people who are frustrated, or misunderstand? Brokering conversations around DEI can be a minefield or can be a gold mine depending on your goals and management of the conversations.
Too often, typical responses come from a place of self-righteousness, ego, or even a pat or rote response without empathy. The better response is formed through the lens of the person’s lived experience, from respect, empathy and understanding. Not to change beliefs, but to change behaviors in the workplace.
Join us in this workshop to:
- Find your voice to talk about DEI
- Use emotional intelligence to respond to objections, naysayers and individuals who are skeptical about DEI
- Find, communicate, and leverage your personal “why”
- Discover ways of overcoming barriers to engaging teams in DEI conversations and organizational change
Participants will learn to address questions like these:
- I am colorblind. I don’t see race.
- I have religious beliefs that prevent me from supporting Gay Pride at work.
- I have had to work just as hard as everyone else to get where I am.
- Isn’t this just reverse racism?
Through small group conversation, role play and breakouts, workshop attendees will gain skill, confidence, and new avenues to provide safe space for DEI conversations as a means to include all employees in the DEI journey to truly be included and feel a strong sense of belonging.
Who it’s for:
DEI Champions, HR leaders, people leaders.
Length: 90 minutes
Let CADIA facilitate the conversations that foster understanding, growth and change.
CADIA is a learning and advisory organization focused on diversity equity and inclusion. Its mission is to double the number of diverse leaders in the automotive industry by 2030. CADIA is creating inclusive cultures, championing diverse talent, driving systemic change, and supporting leadership commitment. For more information: Contact Us
- Empathy in Action
- Executive Level Set ™
- DEI 101 Foundations
- Unconscious Bias
- Inclusion and Belonging
- Having Difficult Conversations
- Leading with Emotional Intelligence
- Building Your Leadership Coaching Skills
- Best Practices for Leading Remote Teams
- Being Resilient in the Midst of Change, Growth and Uncertainty
- Essential Skills for New People Leaders
- Employee Resource Group Solutions
- Emotional Intelligence
- DEI Assessment & Roadmap
- DEI Conversations in the Workplace
- DEI Inclusive Leadership